General Furrin Group Meeting Minutes
Date: 21 July 2020
Location: Johnson Park, Wyoming MI

Call to order 20:08
Previous meeting minutes Previous meeting’s minutes approved as published
Reports (Elected)
President (Sam Rogers) No report.
Vice President (Dan Moody) No report.
Secretary (Vacant) Sam Rogers acting as secretary.
Treasurer (Matt Huizing) Payment made for trailer repairs, $380. Kent Co. Parks refunded $25 of our deposit/rental for the pavilion because we weren’t able to use the indoor area. Transfer of $1300 from PayPal to the club checking account. Deposited 2 new membership fees.
Past President (Eric Duram) No report.
Membership (Andy Nienhuis) Not present.
Member at Large (Nic Boris) Not present.
Reports (Appointed)
Social Chair (Mary Savidge) Kent Co. Parks refunded $25 of our deposit/rental for the pavilion because we weren’t able to use the indoor area. The rest of the rental allowed us to use the bathrooms. The ice cream truck was not hired this year due to low/uncertain turnout.
Social Media Chair (Dustin Moody) No report.
Resident Agent (Bob Shedd) No report.
Speed Chair (Andy Nienhuis) Emailed report: no response from GVSU about possible August date for the summer autocross; My Auto Imports declined to host the September autocross this year but invited us to reach out again for 2021; Andy will try and contact the Auto Auction south of GR to see if they would be willing to host us again; still trying to get a date at the end of the season at US131 MSP.
Rally Chair (Nic Boris) TSD event! The Lally Rally will be on 25 July. An email was sent out with details and registration info.
Special Committee(s) None at this time
Old Business ● Trailer maintenance was done: replaced all 4 tires, bought a spare, serviced the bearings/axles.
New Business No new business
● Jeff Janus asked for worker volunteers for the VSCDA Au Grattan event on Aug 14-16. Checkin will be done “touchless” this year and lunch/dinner will be grab-and-go with social distancing (i.e. no mass gathering under the big tent). All worker sections will be coordinated through Pete Hansen (not just F&C). Please contact him if you are available to help!
● The SCCA Majors will be at Grattan on Aug 22-23 this year. Please contact Pete Hansen if you are interested in working F&C, or sign up on
● An obituary was in the Sunday paper for Wes Paawe. He was a Furrin Group member back in the ‘60s.
Motion to adjourn Motion to adjourn was seconded and approved by majority vote. Adjourned 20:35